Tuesday, October 5, 2021

There are things we don’t want to happen

Yesterday, I lost one of my beloved uncles, who was like my father to me. 
In fact - I was practically raised by him in my early childhood.

People always talk about mothers - but often forget how significant roles fathers and father-like figures also play in our life - selflessly and silently.
That's how I feel about him. 
Though he did so much for me throughout my life, but he never reminded me or tried to put any obligation on me for what he did for me - not even a single time during his life.

When I saw my cousin's message about his passing, I thought:
There are things that we don’t want to know - but we have to.
There are things that we don’t want to happen -
but they happen, and we have to accept them.
We don't want to lose some people - but we have to let them go.

They say love is stronger than death - yet, even love can not stop death.
But no matter how hard it tries - death can not take love away from the hearts.
It can not take away the memories either.
Memory is a way of holding onto the people you love - people you never want to lose.
Therefore, in the end, love is stronger than death.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last time I visited him was in 2019. 
When I was leaving, he said to me: 
Eh aakhri vaari hai - phir milnaa nahin hona"
(This is the last time - won't be able to see you again)

I wanted to see him again, but I could not go back because of the pandemic.
However, my only regret is that I was never able to do anything for him - or serve him in any way.

Nevertheless, he was well-served and well taken care of by his son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren - who took very good care of him till the end.
And he went very peacefully - within a few minutes - without any suffering. Said bye to his son and daughter-in-law when they left for work. About an hour later - after taking a bath, he called his grandson. By the time he came from the other room, he was gone.

Isn't that the best way to go?
Three weeks ago - his 90th birthday was celebrated.
Just a few days ago - we lost another great saint also - Rev. Bhalla Sahib (Houston) - who was also 90 and also went very peacefully.
But how many people are lucky enough to go like that?

That's what I always like to pray for myself:
         अनायासेन मरणं विना दैन्येन जीवनम् 
         देहान्ते तव सायुज्यं देहि मे परमेश्वरम


Anaayaasena maranam, Vinaa-dainyena jeevanam
Dehaantay tava saayujyam dehi may Parmeshvaram

Meaning:
'Death without affliction;  Life without conflict and exertion; 
Thy remembrance and proximity upon leaving the body 
- grant me these O' Lord'. 

I had seen Bhapa Ram Chand ji and 
 Bhapa Bhagat Ram ji quite often repeating and finishing their Sumiran with a similar phrase in Urdu
Hey Ghareeb-nawaaz, Kisi da mohtaaz na Karin – Be-mohtaaz rakhin'. 
Which means - 
O' Lord – Please do not make me ever become dependent on anyone. Please grant me self-sufficiency.'

First: Not becoming dependent - being able to function and take care of yourself -
and secondly, having a loving family and children - who will take care of you in old age and time of need - are the best things we could ask and pray for ourselves.

Everyone loves their beloved friends and family members and grieves & yearns for them when they leave this world - regardless of their age.

However, memory is a great way - a rather only way to keep them alive in our hearts and our lives.
May we always remember and continue to derive inspiration from them. 
                                                     ' Rajan Sachdeva '

20 comments:

  1. THE PRAYER EVERYONE SHOULD PRAY FOR ONES OWNSELF..
    MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES JU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Om Shanti��. Sorry for your loss .
    When someone so dear dies , part of us dies with them and part of them continues to live with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear passing of your uncle and Bhalla Sahib ji. Nirankar bless strength to bear the loss����

    ReplyDelete
  4. ��In my view they are great personality just like a great saint. They always remain in our hearts because we love them.
    I pray for myself to follow their teachings in life. All happened with the wish of Almighty God & we have to accept it. ��
    Jaidev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice thoughts ji .. Sorry for your loss ��������

    ReplyDelete
  6. Respected Rajan Ji,
    My deepest and heartfelt condolences to you, your cousin and the family. Thank you for sharing your feelings about the selfless contributions of your uncle.
    My sincere condolences to the Bhalla family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for putting things in perspective. A loss of our loved ones is not easy but we get to celebrate their lives through memories and their love for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Grief grounds us and puts things in their proper perspective. Just as our loved ones have left their bodies, we too will do so one day.
    I was fortunate enough to meet Rev. Raj Bhalla Ji many years ago. His memories will stay with me for a long time. May Nirankar bless his family.
    Thanks for sharing your feelings Ji.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our heartfelt condolences to you Rajan Ji and the entire family of your uncle. The way you shared your feelings about your uncle is by itself a great Sermon for Sharan and I. May Guru Nirankar bless you all with enough strength to accept His will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heartfelt condolences and May Nirankar bless the bereaved family with courage to accept the divine will DNG 🙏🏿

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tuhi Nirankar Mein Teri Sharan Haan Meinu Baksh Lo 🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for your loss. Like you said, he led a full life and went peacefully. Om shanti.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very touching sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  14. �� शान्ति ����

    ReplyDelete
  15. My deepest sympathies ji
    ��
    Jo tudh bahve sahi balikar
    Tu Sada Salamat Nirankar

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course we have worldly attachments but it is a blessing to leave this world like him as you told.��

    ReplyDelete
  17. RAJAN SAHIB DHANNIRANKAR JI.SAHIB JI YOUR PARASENTIMENTAL REFLECTIONS OF TRUE BONDS WITH YOUR HEARTFELT EMOTIONS FOR THEM IS THE TRUTHFUL DISPLAY OF YOUR INNER PERSONALITY.YOUR UMPTEENTH GESTURES AND REGARDS ARE EXPOSURE OF A TRUE NIRANKARI Mission's DECIPLE WITH BEAUTIFUL EMOTIONAL CONTENT.MAY NIRANKAR BLESS YOU THE STATUS OF A CONNOISSEUR OF HUMANITY.DHANNIRANKAR JI

    ReplyDelete
  18. May God bless his soul and RIP

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing and pls accept our condolences uncle ji. ��

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heartfelt condolences on the passing away of your beloved uncle.Your obituary is a reminder of how great a person he would have been..Das completely resonates with your thoughts shared in the blog and seeks your blessings to make it a part of das’ daily prayer.Keep blessing ji

    ReplyDelete

झूठों का है दबदबा - Jhoothon ka hai dabdabaa

अंधे चश्मदीद गवाह - बहरे सुनें दलील झूठों का है दबदबा - सच्चे होत ज़लील Andhay chashmdeed gavaah - Behray sunen daleel Jhoothon ka hai dabdab...