Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Is there a Santa Claus?

Son: “Father, I think I’m old enough to know the truth now. 
I don't think Santa Claus exists. Tell me the truth. Is there a Santa Claus? Does he really exist?” 
Father: “I agree that you’re old enough to know the truth now. But before I give you my answer, I have a question for you. 
You see, the truth is a dangerous gift. Once you know something, you cannot un-know it. Once you learn something, it is very difficult to unlearn it. Once you know the truth about Santa Claus, you will never again relate to him as you do now. 
So my question is: Are you sure you want to know?”
After a brief pause, the son replied: “Yes. I want to know the truth.”
Father: “OK, then I will tell you that Yes, there is a Santa Claus.”
Son: “Really?” 
Father: Yes, really, but he’s not an old man with a beard in a red suit. That’s just what we tell the kids. Kids are too young to understand the true nature of Santa Claus, so we explain it to them in a way that they can understand. 
The truth about Santa Claus is that he’s not a person at all; he’s an IDEA. 
Think of all those presents Santa gave you over the years. Actually, I bought those for you. I watched you open them with excitement and thanking the Santa that you never really met. Did it ever bother me that you never thanked me for those gifts? Of course not! In fact, it gave me great pleasure seeing you enjoying them. 
So, you see, Santa Clause is the idea of giving for the sake of giving - without expecting thanks or even acknowledgment.
For example, while driving on the highway, someone saw a car skid and going in the ditch. He immediately dialed 911 to call for help. He knew that the people in the other car will never know who summoned the police and ambulance to help them, yet he did it without any expectation or even an acknowledgment from them. So, he became the Santa Clause for them. 
Son: “Oh, I see.”
Father: “So now, that you know the truth, you should also become a part of it. Now you can become a Santa Claus too. 
Look for opportunities to help people in whichever way you can. But most importantly, do it without any expectations. Remember - Whenever you are doing something for others without expecting anything in return, not even a Thanks, you are continuing the tradition of the selfless-saints - the Santa or the Sant. 

                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Itnay Betaab kyon hain - Why so much restlessness?

 Itnay betaab - itnay beqaraar kyon hain  Log z aroorat say zyaada hoshyaar  kyon hain  Moonh pay to sabhi dost hain lekin Peeth peechhay d...