Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Jai Himachal (Video)

Yesterday, I came across this beautiful song on YouTube about Himachal Pradesh, India - 
which brought back many fond memories of my childhood. 
A large part of my childhood was spent in Himachal Pradesh.
My early education - primary and middle schooling happened to be in Kasauli, Simla, and Palampur-Kangra. 
In those days, the above cities were part of the confederacy of princely states known as PEPSU.
Later, these cities became part of Himachal Pradesh – 
and the remaining PEPSU provinces, along with some other areas, were merged to form the state of Punjab.
Since my father was an officer in the PEPSU state government, he was transferred to Sonipat – then a part of the newly formed state of Punjab – and now in Haryana.

But nevertheless – I still cherish the childhood memories associated with these beautiful places - 
which are still fresh in my mind.
                    Jai Himachal 
                                   "Rajan Sacdeva "




1 comment:

Itnay Betaab kyon hain - Why so much restlessness?

 Itnay betaab - itnay beqaraar kyon hain  Log z aroorat say zyaada hoshyaar  kyon hain  Moonh pay to sabhi dost hain lekin Peeth peechhay d...