Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Deepavali - Time to discard the old stuff and replace it with the new

Diwali, or Deepavali, is one of India's most significant cultural festivals - 
celebrated by the masses all over the country. 
However - all major religions of India associate this day with some unique and notable event from the history of their own religion - to provide their own distinctive reasoning for celebrating this cultural festival - the festival of lights and happiness. 

Besides illuminating homes, shops, and workplaces with Diyaas or small lamps, this day is also associated with discarding old stuff - such as clothing, personal belongings, furniture, etc., and replacing them with new ones. Renovating, painting, or buying new homes - new models of cars and replacing old furniture - all are usually done just before Diwali.  

On the other hand, Intellectuals and philosophers would like to use this analogy to discard old and useless beliefs and dogmas with new - practical and beneficial concepts and ideals. They will say - light the candles of Gyana- knowledge to disperse and dissipate darkness.

However, since we have the technology- I thought of applying this metaphor to my body. To discard my 'old knee' that has been bothering me for quite some time - and replace it with a new one. 
So - I went for my Total knee replacement surgery last Tuesday - October 18. 
Hence, I could not reach out to anyone - nor was I able to write any blogs. 
I have been receiving many messages from many well-wishers - asking why no new blog has been posted for a while. 
I appreciate their concern. 
But, instead of writing details to everyone individually - I thought of letting everyone know through this blog that I am at home - resting and recovering from the surgery. 
And I will try to resume my routines as soon as I gain enough physical strength to sit up and use the laptop.
But nonetheless, I am grateful to everyone for all their love and support - well-wishes, prayers, and blessings. 
May Almighty Nirankar bless us all. 
                          " Rajan Sachdeva "                         

15 comments:

  1. Dhan nirankar ji 🙏🏻
    May Almighty NIRANKAR bless you with good health 🙏🏻 and my you regain your full energy and keep us blessing with your divine virtues. Wishing for your speedy recovery 🙏🏻 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. May H.H. bless you with speedy recovery. All the best. Spiritual nuggets from your side are always thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
    Get well soon... I pray to almighty nirankar for ur fast recovery...🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dhan nirankar ji 🙏🏻
    May Almighty NIRANKAR bless you with good health 🙏🏻 and may you regain your full energy and keep us blessing with your divine virtues. Wishing for your speedy recovery 🙏🏻 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nirankar Sachchepaatshah Apni kirpadrishti bnaye rakhe ji🙏
    Get well soon🙏

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you speedy recovery 🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  7. Live Long Healthy Life Rajan Ji.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 🙏Get well soon. JK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dhan Nirankar ji. Wish you an earliest recovery. May almighty Bless. May you stay healthy. ❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I wish you speedy recovery from your surgery 🙏🙏
    S S Sandhu

    ReplyDelete
  11. May Nirankar Bless you with speedy recovery. Get well soon 💐🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the update. May Satguru Nirankar bless you with speedy recovery.
    Sanjeev Khullar

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like to wish you a healthy and speedy recovery ji !

    ReplyDelete
  14. DhanNirankar ji , May Nirankar bless you abundantly with good health, speedy recovery,
    ( I was about to ask you about the walker from your profile but I was hesitant as I thought it might not be polite, Glad you mentioned in your blog ji 🙏,
    Sending you my prayers 🤲🏼🙏

    ReplyDelete

Itnay Betaab kyon hain - Why so much restlessness?

 Itnay betaab - itnay beqaraar kyon hain  Log z aroorat say zyaada hoshyaar  kyon hain  Moonh pay to sabhi dost hain lekin Peeth peechhay d...