Thursday, September 17, 2020

Punya Tithi - Shehanshah Baba Avtar Singh ji

Baba Avtar Singh ji Maharaj Nirankari - whom we all lovingly called Shehanshah ji - left this mortal, transient world on September 17th, 1969.
His exceptional teachings and unforgettable loving memories are still fresh in my mind until today.

The day my life changed

I was 13 years old when at the request of a classmate, I first came to see Baba Avtar Singh ji on March 6th, 1962.  
I had come on the condition that no one will ask me to take the Gyan and accept him as my Guru.

After the Satsang, my friend took me to the house of Sh. Kuldip Singh Walia - where Shehnshah ji was staying. Those who are familiar with the typical design of the old houses in Punjab would remember that there used to be an open yard in the middle of the house - surrounded by the rooms. We were standing in that open courtyard, and my friend asked me if I wanted to take the Gyan. I reminded him that I came on the condition that he will not talk about it at all. He apologized and said it was alright.
He was going to stay there for the rest of the day, so we said goodbye. 
He went upstairs, and I started to exit the house.
While crossing the hallway, I saw a room close to the exit - the door was open, and I saw Shehanshah ji sitting on a Diwan.
I could not take my eyes off of his Noori - glowing, radiant face. 
I felt a magnificent aura around him - like a radiating halo behind him.
As if pulled by a magnet, I went inside the room and sat down. About 5-6 others were already sitting there. Probably, because I was too young - a child - he asked me to come forward and sit in the front - in front of him. 

The moment he bestowed the Gyan, I was astonished - and got lost in it with amazement. 
There was a small window close to the ceiling behind him. I kept staring outside that window - staring at the vastness of the great Void and the transcendent energy radiating from it. No words can express the feelings I was experiencing at that moment.
He asked me what I was looking at through that window? 
I recited a Shloka from the Bhagavad Geeta - where Arjun says that he saw the sun, moon, and stars, and everything else - including the armies of both the sides within that Viraat Roop. 
I said - this is exactly what Arjun must have seen. 
He placed his hand on my head and then very lovingly started patting my back. 
Then he looked at the others and said: 'Eh koi puraani Gyani rooh aayi hai.'
(This is some old Gyani soul who has come back again)

From that moment, my life changed forever.
                             ' Rajan Sachdeva '

Offering water to Shehansha ji - Ferozepur 1963

On the Stage with Shehanshah ji - Sant Amar Singh ji - Nihal Singh ji and others
At Moga (Punjab) 1963


5 comments:

  1. These are real life examples that help you solidify your faith. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many years ago I asked Professor Puri-ji if anyone had known all the Gurus back to Baba Buttah Singh. He thought for a moment then replied,"Perhaps Raj Mata-ji." Rajan-ji, you are the only person living who I personally know., who goes back this far. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. Thank You for sharing ji ๐Ÿ™

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, the way you got mesmrised by 'CHIRSMA' of Yugpurush Shehanshah ji. Light emerging from behind H.H. is an 'AURA' which caught you in awe of 'SPIRITUAL RAYS' AMEN!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this intimate incident from your life dear Rajan Ji. Blessed and Lucky to have you around me. Please keep sharing ....

    ReplyDelete

เคœเคฌ เคฒเค— เค‡เคธ เคธंเคธाเคฐ เคฎें เคนै เคฎाเคฏा เค•ा เคธाเคฅ

เคœเคฌ เคฒเค— เค‡เคธ เคธंเคธाเคฐ เคฎें - เคนै เคฎाเคฏा เค•ा เคธाเคฅ  เคคเคฌ เคฒเค— เค›ोเคŸे เค”เคฐ เคฌเฅœे เคธเคฌ เคœोเฅœें เค†เค•เคฐ เคนाเคฅ  เคธเคฌ เคœोเฅœें เค†เค•เคฐ เคนाเคฅ - เค•เคนें เคฎैं เคญाเคˆ เคคेเคฐा  เคšเคฒी เคœाเค เคฎाเคฏा เคคो เคฌोเคฒें - เคคू เค•्...