Sunday, August 1, 2021

A loving Saint - dilon kay Var - Dilvar ji

A Harman Pyare Sant Bhupinder Singh Chugh 'Dilwar' ji of Mumbai left this mortal world and yesterday.
A loving saint and a close acquaintance of Dilvar ji, who has seen his life very closely - has expressed his thoughts and memories in this article which are very touching. 
These memoirs not only depict the life and excellent qualities of Mahatma Dilwar ji but may also become a source of inspiration for the readers.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A devotee with a heart full of Devotion- Respected Dilvar ji
                            Written by Amit Chavan, Mumbai

If I were to say - then Respected Dilvar ji was the absolute personification of Devotion, Discipleship, and Selfless Love.
For the past few years, I had the privilege to accompany him in various types of Sewa, where he showered upon me his immense love and took me as his own family member. He taught me how to perpetuate love - whether with the Formless God, a person, devotion, or with responsibilities.

He was a simple man with simple living yet the one who explained things with deep profoundness. This simplicity not only impressed people but also brightened their lives. He had great command over languages like Hindi, English, Marathi, and Punjabi - which only reflected thoughts of purity and divinity.

He was not a fan of speaking and giving discourses often in congregations because he believed that other saints also should get the opportunity to seek blessings by sharing their thoughts. However, if required, he would live it to the fullest. He encouraged the elder saints to take charge of welcoming and thanking saints who had graced the holy congregation with their presence. By this, he taught us to respect the elders and experienced saints. He also believed that the true bliss lies in enjoying the holy congregation while sitting in the Satsang Bhavan and attentively listening to the experiences of saints.

Whenever he sat to pen down a poem, every word seemed as if it was directly chosen from the expanse of this formless - and was thus inked in his pen.

Today reflecting on this, I feel that God must have taken long to write the song of his life and beautified it with all sorts of talents. His life is an example, a gift from God for us to realize that this is how one is supposed to live life.

I had the privilege of living in his company. There are innumerable awe-inspiring memories of him in my mind that despite his physical absence, they will continue to make me feel his strong presence around me.

It dates back to a few years ago when in the able guidance of Respected Dilvar ji and Respected Sarabjit Shauq ji, the recording of Kids Divine was taking place in Mumbai that went on till the late hours. When it was time to wrap things up and return to our respective homes, we realized that Respected Dilvar ji’s car was parked at a distance. I requested him to allow me the Sewa of dropping him up to his car, to which he agreed. When we were almost there, he noticed that there is a road to be crossed to reach his car, so he requested me to stop there without crossing as that would mean I would have to unnecessarily travel longer to get back to my route in case I made the crossing.

I requested him to allow me to complete my Sewa and drop him right where his car was parked - but he declined and got off the car. As he was crossing, there were heavy showers of rain, and before he could reach the car, he was drenched in the heavy pouring within seconds.

Later, when we met again, with utmost humility, he told me that the words coming out of your mouth were actually words of this Formless. Had he abided by those, he would have saved himself from getting wet.

I wasn’t worthy of such humble words spoken for a child like me, yet he showered immense affection. At every instance, he taught me by example that words spoken by an enlightened soul are as significant as that of the Satguru.

He was blessed with a lot of Sewa in the administrative wing of the Mission.
On multiple occasions, during a lot of crucial and delicate decision-making, I had observed that he would leave the meeting abruptly and remain in solitude for a few minutes. Upon returning, the aura of the meeting would completely transform, and the person involved in the discussion would appear more content than in rage.

Since my relationship with Respected Dilvar ji was deep and strong enough, I took the liberty and gathered the courage to ask him why would he leave the meeting and how come the aura of the meeting completely reversed from being tense to being calm upon his return after that two minutes of isolation. He told me that when the mind is in a dilemma - and you can’t see a way out - then you must deepen your connection with this Formless. In that two min of isolation, I pray to the Lord almighty through Simran to guide me with the right path, with stability, and that I could grant the right and proper solution to those seeking it from me in this form.

There is one more incident - that every time it comes to the fore, I am left spellbound and in cold shivers.
It was December 2018 when the Nirankari family of Mumbai was all set to experience NYS-Mumbai. And when I was on my way to the venue for the preparation of the same, the news of Respected Dilvar Ji’s Son Ankit Ji and daughter-in-law Sanjana ji’s accident broke in. I instantly dialed Respected Dilvar Ji and asked his whereabouts. I also expressed my urge to come to see him at that very moment. But Respected Dilvar Ji in a feeble voice but firmer faith told me not to worry as the Satguru is here and Nirankar is present and that whatever has happened, has happened by the will of this Formless and we must all accept and abide by it.

I still reiterated my urge to come and see him. But he again politely declined and asked me to return to the grounds where NYS was being organized, as every participating saint had worked tremendously hard and that I must fulfill the Sewa that the Satguru had bestowed upon me. This was a moment wherewith the sad demise of his son and daughter-in-law - the past, the future, everything seemed bleak and clouded, but what he told me next is something that has deeply etched and ingrained in my mind. He told me that there is a saint who is sad, and unhappy for some reason - and I must make sure that he is not stopped when he comes to attend NYS and that I must grant him a proper place to sit with full respect. I must also ensure that nobody gets distanced from the Mission. It is evident from these, that despite the difficult times, he was very aware and devoted towards the Sewa. His efforts were constantly directed towards strengthening the connection of devotees with the Mission. An hour hadn’t passed by to the unfortunate incident, yet, in those circumstances, he was only thinking of the saint who was sad and unhappy - he was thinking about Sewa - he was thinking of the mission. Such was the life and being of Respected Dilvar Ji.

The greatest lesson that I learned from his conduct was that irrespective of the testing times, and the untoward circumstances, he was never found complaining about what was happening with and around him.

He was in fact full of Gratitude towards the Satguru for the strength she imparted in him by saying that - Dilvar Ji, it is the Sadh Sangat (holy congregation) that would love, and nurture Samarth Ji and Sidak ji (grandchildren of Respected Dilvar Ji and sons of Respected Ankit Ji and Respected Sanjana ji).

He continued his Sewa, Simran, and Satsang with the same zeal and enthusiasm which can find its testimony in the fact that immediately after this incident, he was totally engrossed and devoted in the preparation and Sewa of the upcoming Maharashtra Sant Samagam - even the physical unwellness couldn’t slow him down.

Even when he was hospitalized and his bodily functions were controlled by machines - when he faced difficulty in speaking, he believed that nothing must come as a hurdle in Sewa and for the same, he would take a deep long breath and speak a few words and repeat this several times to convey the message and directions to perform Sewa of the Mission.

Even during his last days when he had lost his voice, he would type on the mobile phone, and if typing on the mobile wasn’t possible, he would write it down on a piece of paper and convey the messages and the ways of performing Sewa. He was truly the personification of dedication in Sewa.

Humility was an inseparable part of his being. Once he explained to a sister the way to perform a specific Sewa in a strong voice. She felt hurt. Upon learning this, Respected Dilvar Ji overlooked that the sister was quite younger to him in age and experience and that he wasn’t even at fault, and bowed his head unto her feet and sought forgiveness just because he didn’t want her to feel any pain. There was absolute surrendering and a complete absence of ego so that no part of his conduct should hurt anybody. He was a treasure trove of humbleness.

A few days ago when I went to visit him with my family, I felt extremely uneasy looking at his physical condition and tried to laugh for no reason - only to hide my uneasiness but I believe Respected Dilvar Ji could read that through me, and he replied with gestures and smile.

It was his uniqueness to never reveal one’s mistakes despite having known them. He always believed in keeping the mistakes and faults of others under wraps and letting them pass despite having seen them. He often shared almost everything with me and Respected Sarbjit Ji but I am yet to come across/recall any such conversation wherein he had pointed out the flaws of others and this was one trait he lived till his last breath. Likewise, he had a very subtle way of correcting the wrongs wherein the one being corrected never felt embarrassed but with all joy corrected the wrongs all by himself.

I went to see Respected Dilvar ji in his last days. I clearly remember telling him that when the Satguru had come to Mumbai, before going to Chembur, she came to meet you and that the Satguru loves you as you are among her favorite devotees. The moment he heard this, despite his physical condition abstaining him from any movements he shook his head in negation as if to say in all his humbleness that he wasn’t worthy of all those praises.

He never made me feel alien or different from himself. He always kept me close, and holding my hands, taught me everything.
During the 52nd Maharashtra Sant Samagam, he openly said that he may fail in his responsibilities as a Zonal Incharge - but he prayed not to fail as a disciple, as a true devotee.

Today that he has completed his journey on this earthly abode, I can only feel that he was a true epitome of Discipleship.

There are innumerable anecdotes and memories shared with Respected Dilvar ji, who was always brimming with love - which might not find their mention in any words written or spoken but shall forever stay fresh in my heart. I will always regret not having loved and respected him adequately, but he always showered his profound and immense love upon me.
I am eternally grateful to Satguru Nirankar for blessing me with Respected Dilvar ji as a boon in my life.

Extremely thankful to Respected Rajan Sachdeva ji for inspiring me to write my heart out about Respected Dilvar Ji.

Thanks to Snehita Yadav Ji for the English translation from the original Hindi article.
                                       " Amit Chawan Mumbai "

5 comments:

  1. Wow very heart touching and nicely written. A great Ode to a Great Saint ๐Ÿ™

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well articulated by Amit chavan jee๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ji for sharing the life of a great saint. It will be good to share the story with others where possible and practical. I knew of him only through his speeches and poems at Mission's platform. I always enjoyed and whenever I interacted him briefly got positive vibes from him. May Nirankar bless the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dhan Nirankar.
    There is god. Nirankar. And there is เคฆेเคต เคฎाเคฃुเคธ.
    In Marathi. เคญเค—เคตाเคจ เค•ा เคฌंเคฆा। in Hindi.
    I may not meet God in person. But this devotee has made me realize what a true devotee is.
    ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ•‰๐Ÿ•‰

    ReplyDelete

Itnay Betaab kyon hain - Why so much restlessness?

 Itnay betaab - itnay beqaraar kyon hain  Log z aroorat say zyaada hoshyaar  kyon hain  Moonh pay to sabhi dost hain lekin Peeth peechhay d...