Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Question on ‘Strange weather’






Rev. Rajan ji,
Yes we all agree and preach that acceptance as it is, is the ultimate and best for internal peace. My question is that by virtue of the wisdom provided to one by almighty Nirankar if he or she knows that actions of their co-workers are not in the interest of the others, what is best … to walk away or oppose it and try to correct the course to the best of your abilities with the caution you should not be advancing your personal interests?


 ......................................................................................



This is a tough question ... especially for me to answer.
My personal approach on this matter has always been to hold my thoughts and step back. Though, honestly it may not have ​​given​​ me much peace of mind; for the time being anyway, until I completely let it go.
Perhaps this is part of my nature, my personality, which everyone may not agree to.

 I usually look for the answers in the scriptures.

Interestingly, we can find both options equally convincing. According to Rishi Ashtavakra, Sant Kabeer ji, Guru Nanak and Jesus Christ, we should simply accept everything as 'Karma' or God's will... good or bad or even cruelty and do nothing. Let God or the course of nature take care of it. 

On the other hand, Lord Krishna, Lord Rama and Guru Gobind Singh ji encouraged to stand up against the falsehood and fight for the truth.

I guess it depends on the individuals; which path or philosophy they want to follow.

I think it also depends on the circumstances and the strength of the individuals as well.

Looking deeply into it, Sant Kabeer ji, Guru Nanak and Jesus Christ did not have any worldly power, neither much of following and nor much of resources at their hands. They did not come from the warrior class so their thinking was different; passive and perhaps because of their humble background, did not think it would do any good to fight back. So they preached Non-action.

But On the other hand, Lord Krishna, Lord Rama and Guru Gobind Singh ji were kings and warriors. They were not raised with passivity. They had armies, followings and weapons available to them. They did not accept the falsehood or wrong doings passively. They fought against it and also preached the same. Bhagvad Gita and the writings of Guru Gobind Singh ji encourage people to fight against the evil and for their rights.   

I cannot say which path is right or wrong.

I think everyone has to choose their own path.

I have chosen my path of passiveness. May be because I don't have enough strength, courage or support to raise my voice, or maybe this is part of my innate nature. 

Personally, I like this philosophy the best:

"O’ God! Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
 the courage to change what I can,
 and the wisdom to know the difference. "

   ‘Rajan Sachdeva’
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

हर किसी को अपना दर्दो-ग़म न सुनाओ Don't share your pain with everyone

हर किसी को अपना दर्दो-ग़म न सुनाओ  ज़ख्म दिल के ग़ैरों को हरगिज़ न दिखाओ  जज़्बातों का दुनिया में कोई मोल नहीं 'राजन ' अहमियत चाहो तो है...