Sunday, September 5, 2021

Happy Teacher's Day

                                  The Gurus - the Teachers:

They don't simply teach - 
They plant the seeds of knowledge in us that last a lifetime.
They guide and support us personally at every step to understand - to apprehend the subject thoroughly and inspire us to improve and rise to such heights where the sky is the limit.
They encourage the students to become as knowledgeable as them or even better than them. 
Good teachers are never jealous of their students. 
In fact, they feel proud of their students if they rise and become better than them.

There is a beautiful prayer in Yajur Veda - also found in Taittarey, Mandukya, and Shvetashvatara Upanishads - which explains the beautiful relationship between the Guru and the Shishya - the teacher and the disciple.
It says:
                     ॐ सह नाववतु - सह नौ भुनक्तु  - सह वीर्यं करवावहै 
                          तेजस्विनावधीतमस्तु मा विद्विषावहै 
                                 ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः 
                           Om Seh Nau-Avatu
                           Seh Nau Bhunaktu
                           Seh Veeryam Karavaavahai
                          Tejasvi Naav-Adhiitam-Astu 
                          Maa Vidvishaavahai
                          Om Shaantih - Shaantih - Shaantih
Meaning:
May the Brahman (Almighty Lord) protect us both (Teacher & Disciple);
May He nourish us both;
May we both work in harmony with great vigor;
May our study be illuminating and fruitful;
May we - Guru and Shishya - the teacher and disciple - never be jealous of each other.
Om Peace… Peace… Peace.

From the first day of school to the end of our academic education - we all learn from many different teachers.
However, there are a few who cling to our memory for the rest of our life. Because they take personal interest and responsibility in our progress.
A heartful teacher becomes a role model for the students.

I was fortunate to have a few such great teachers in my life. 
They not only helped me in my professional carrier as a teacher - but helped me in every sphere of life - to become open and broad-minded.
I am so grateful to Professor Darshan Singh Narula (Faridkot), Master Ratan Hadiyabadi, Master Haridev ji Ludhiana, Pundit Vacahspati Sharma ji Jammu/Kashmir, and Ustad Vilayat Khan Sahib - for teaching me the universal and spiritual side of Sangeet (music).
At the same time, I will always be indebted to my mother, grandmother - Bhapaa Ram Chand ji, and Sant Amar Singh ji, along with few others, for awakening and reviving my spiritual interests. And to admire the good qualities in everyone - even in the rivals and opponents.
                                ' Rajan Sachdeva '

Here is a link to Rag Bhairavi on Sitar played by the Sitar-Smraat and Aftab-e-Sitar Ustad Vilayat Khan Sahib - when he was only 16.

https://youtu.be/bWUyYDhIB1c 


6 comments:

  1. To all my teachers starting with my mother, parents, relatives and friends, who have taught us in one way or the other. *My gratitude 🌺 to you also as u have been my divine teacher. The urge to seek eternal bliss in me was raised through your Divine self🙏🌹👣🙏🌹
    Happy Teachers Day !!!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my writing I violate many of the grammatical rules my beloved old high school English teacher, Mr. Mason taught me, but I will never forget what he wanted to teach me about how to live an honorable life. I like to think that he'd have enjoyed my books despite their run on sentences and misplaced commas though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teachers invest their efforts and hard work to bring the best in us..
    We can only offer our gratitude and respects.. Thanks Rajan jee coming to my life as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always grateful for your blessings and guidance 🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always grateful for your blessings and guidance 🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete

Itnay Betaab kyon hain - Why so much restlessness?

 Itnay betaab - itnay beqaraar kyon hain  Log z aroorat say zyaada hoshyaar  kyon hain  Moonh pay to sabhi dost hain lekin Peeth peechhay d...