Monday, January 28, 2019

The older I get - The more I think

The older I get - 
                             The more I think - And I must confess.
I don't want to be around any drama, conflict or stress.
All I want now - is a cozy home and some simple good food 
And to be surrounded by people that are not crafty or shrewd.

The older I get -
               The less I care about what people think of me
and how they judge me - or what 'they' want me to be.
Don't want to wear any mask - nor do I want to pretend
Who or what I really am - That I want to comprehend.

The older I get, the more I strive
To understand the meaning and the purpose of My Life.
What have I achieved - and what is unfinished?
The goals I had set - have they been accomplished?

The older I get - the more I know
It might be easier to go with the flow
But then suddenly, like a flash - comes a thought
By going with the flow - how can any change be brought?

As the years go by - 
           And the more I see, the more I understand
There are many things which are not in my hand
So, the best thing to do - is to surrender and accept 
The key to a peaceful life - Neither ask - Nor expect

                                By:  ' Rajan Sachdeva '

Note:
I saw a quote yesterday and found it quite interesting.
So, I took those three lines from there and expanded them in this poem in my own way - according to my thinking.
Here is the original quote:
The older I get, the more I realize that I don't want to be around any drama, conflict or stress.
All I want is a cozy home and some good food
And to be surrounded by happy people


2 comments:

  1. A Response:

    "When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country. But it, too, seemed immovable. As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.
    And now as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize: If I had only changed my self first, then by example I would have changed my family. From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country and, who knows, I may have even changed the world."

    -On the tomb of a bishop in Westminster Abbey

    Preet Sahi Ji shared this last year on FB

    ReplyDelete

Itnay Betaab kyon hain - Why so much restlessness?

 Itnay betaab - itnay beqaraar kyon hain  Log z aroorat say zyaada hoshyaar  kyon hain  Moonh pay to sabhi dost hain lekin Peeth peechhay d...