Monday, January 21, 2019

A Father in Elderly Home

After the death of his mother, a man left his father in a Vridh-Aashram (Elderly home).
After about a year, one day he got a phone call from the Vridh-ashram that his father was in a serious condition. 
So, he went to the ashram to see him. 
He saw that his father was in a very weak and poor condition. He was near death and could hardly speak.
He was saddened to see his father in this condition. 
With a heavy heart, he said: Father, tell me what I can do for you.
Father replied: Son - Please donate some fans to this place. It is very hot here. Give them a fridge also. The food here often gets spoiled because of the heat. I have had a lot of discomforts here in the summer - and due to food becoming spoiled, too many times I had to sleep hungry.
The son was surprised. He said, "Father, you have never spoken about this until now. You have never complained before. Why are you saying all this at the last moments of your life?
Father's answer was: It didn't matter son. Though I was suffering in the heat - sometimes I was sleeping hungry - but somehow I managed to live my life. 
Now I am thinking that someday when your children will leave you here, you should not have to go through the same problems.

             Even when they are dying, parents still think for the welfare of their children. 



1 comment:

Itnay Betaab kyon hain - Why so much restlessness?

 Itnay betaab - itnay beqaraar kyon hain  Log z aroorat say zyaada hoshyaar  kyon hain  Moonh pay to sabhi dost hain lekin Peeth peechhay d...