Monday, August 27, 2018

The Phone Bill

Upon returning home from his work one evening, a man noticed the telephone bill on his desk. He was astonished to see the amount on the bill. It was significantly higher than the previous months' bills. He called his wife and children to find out the reason for this sudden change.
"This amount is too much. How could it be so high? As for myself, I never use the home phone. I always use the office phone - So, there is no need for me to use the home phone." He said.
His wife said: "I too use only the work phone. I can’t afford to use the home phone to talk with all my friends for hours."
Son: "Well. You all know that I leave for work at seven in the morning and come home late. Since I work long hours, whoever I need to talk to, I talk from my office."
The daughter said that her company had given her own desk phone, and as such, she didn't need to use the home phone.
"Then how come the phone bill is so high?" Everyone wondered.
The housemaid was listening to their conversation intently and silently. 
Suddenly, everyone's questioning gaze turned towards her...
She said: “Well! All of you use the phone at your respective places of work... So, what’s wrong if I do the same?” 

-----------                  -----------                  -----------                -----------

We don’t feel bad about the things we do ourselves – even when we know that they might not be right. 
Then why do we react differently when others do the same things? 
If we don't feel guilty about our own misdeeds towards others, then why should we feel victimized if others treat us the same way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reason for Suffering

We suffer because we think -  that things should be different than what they are. However, every time, everything may not happen the way we ...