Thursday, August 9, 2018

An Old Teacher and A Boy

On a rainy day, the class was going on in a school.
Out of the blue, the teacher asked his pupils: "If I give each one of you a hundred rupees, how will you spend the money?"
A boy said: "I will buy a video game"
Another said: "I will buy a nice cricket bat"
A girl said: "I will buy a beautiful doll"
Another said: "I will buy a lot of chocolates..."
Upon seeing that one of the pupils was engrossed in his thoughts, the teacher asked him: "What are you thinking about? How will you spend the money?"
The boy replied - "I will buy eyeglasses for my mother. Her  eyesight is poor." 
 "But your father can buy the eyeglasses for her... wouldn't you rather buy something for yourself?" The teacher asked. 
To this, the boy said that his father had passed away. 
"My mother works as a tailor to earn the money to send me to school. Her poor eyesight makes her work difficult. The eyeglasses will help her to work better and faster. I will be able to study hard and make my life better and when I grow up, I will be able to provide the best things to her."
The teacher was very touched by this boy's gesture, and said: "Here's the hundred rupees that I promised to you. And here's another two hundred, which I am giving you as a loan. Buy the best eyeglasses for your mother. You can repay this loan at a later date - whenever you can. I wish that you become a successful and honorable person some day, and I look forward to such a day!"

Twenty years later ...

On a rainy day, as a class is going on, a district collector's motorcade stops in front of the school, alerting the whole staff. In fact, the whole school goes silent.
But then an amazing thing happens!
The district collector goes to a class room where he saw an old teacher. The DC bowed down and touched the feet of the old teacher with respect. 
The teacher looked surprised and confused. 
The young DC said: 
"Sir, do you remember?
Twenty years ago you gave two hundred rupees to a young boy to buy eyeglasses for his mother and told him to repay whenever he can. You also wished him to become a successful man one day.  
Well sir! I am that boy and I am here to repay that loan!"
The whole staff was stunned to see this!
The old teacher gave a warm embrace to the young collector, his heart filled up with pride, and his eyes become moist.
                                                       ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Do become famous, but don't become an egotist"
If anyone has ever helped you, do not forget that deed.
A person's luck can change very quickly. 
 An emperor can become a beggar just as quickly as a beggar can become an emperor...

3 comments:

  1. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒน

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,waiting for good changes to happen. Not as much for myself but for other people I have seen struggling and for a long long time now. ����

    ReplyDelete

Reason for Suffering

We suffer because we think -  that things should be different than what they are. However, every time, everything may not happen the way we ...