Friday, July 27, 2018

Guru Purnima - A Personal Gratitude

Today is considered an auspicious day - dedicated to the Gurus and teachers. 
Though we should always remember and respect our Gurus, teachers and all those who taught us something to make our life better, including the parents, relatives and friends - However, a specially dedicated day like this is a great reminder to pay our regards toward all of them.
Guru Purnima is an Indian tradition dedicated to spiritual and academic teachers, who are evolved or enlightened humans, ready to share their wisdom, with very little or no monetary expectation.
It is believed that a person is blind without a teacher to guide him. The Shastras proclaim that a human being is born twice or dvija, first by the union of the father and mother, and second when he is accepted by a bonafide guru, who acts like a father and delivers him the knowledge with love.
I have been very fortunate to have met a few such great people in my life.
Though there have been quite a few people who might have influenced my thinking and beliefs - there were some great Gurus and Saints who became my mentors - who took me like a son and taught me, guided me with love just as a father would do. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have received fatherly love from Satguru Baba Avtar Singh ji and Baba Gurbachan Singh ji who personally tried to shape my life by giving directions and even orders at certain times. 
I can also never forget my two great mentors - Bhapa Ram Chand ji Kapurthala and Sant Amar Singh ji Patiala - who not only gave me fatherly love and right knowledge, but also took personal interest in shaping my thoughts and putting me on the right track, so I would never lose my faith and direction under any circumstances. 
Rishi Vyas Dev ji was another such great saint who helped my mind in reaffirming the teachings of Bhapa Ram Chand ji. 
Though, I know – considering my limitations, circumstances, and limited understanding - I can never achieve the heights that these great saints had - or even get close to what they had achieved – nevertheless, I have always tried to follow the footsteps of these great masters. 
Another mentor and my Guru in my professional carrier - in the field of Indian Classical music is the legendary Ustad Vilayat Khan sahib– the greatest Sitar player whom we lovingly call Abba. 
I can never repay for what these great masters have taught me – Except for my humble gratitude and appreciation. 
                                                             'Rajan Sachdeva'


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for such inspiring message. You really have a way about clarifying your messages to perfection. My sincerest thanks and respect to you for being my Guru. I feel blessed to have you in my life. Saadar Pranaam
    Sujit

    ReplyDelete

Sarveshaam Mangalam Bhavatu - May Everyone be Prosperous

Sarveshaam Svastir Bhavatu Sarveshaam Shaantir Bhavatu Sarveshaam Poornam Bhavatu Sarveshaam Mangalam Bhavatu          (Brahadaranyak Upanis...