Monday, June 15, 2015

Misfit

I have been a misfit since childhood. I knew that no one understood me, not even my father. He once said, "You are not a madman, fit to be put in a madhouse, nor are you a monk to be put in a monastery. I just don't know what you are!"

I replied: "You know, father, I can tell you what it is like. Once, an egg of a duck was placed under a hen to be hatched. When the egg hatched, the duckling walked along with the mother hen until they came to a pond. The duckling took a nice dip in the water while the hen stayed on the bank and clucked."

"Now, my dear father, after having tried the sea I find it my home. If you choose to stay on the shore, is it my fault? Am I to be blamed for this?"
         People are born to be what they are.
                                       
                                    (Shams Tabrezi ...A Sufi Mystic Saint)



No comments:

Post a Comment

हर किसी को अपना दर्दो-ग़म न सुनाओ Don't share your pain with everyone

हर किसी को अपना दर्दो-ग़म न सुनाओ  ज़ख्म दिल के ग़ैरों को हरगिज़ न दिखाओ  जज़्बातों का दुनिया में कोई मोल नहीं 'राजन ' अहमियत चाहो तो है...