Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Shehanshah Baba Avtar Singh ji




Today, September 17 is the day when Baba Avtar Singh Ji, lovingly called Shehanshah ji by all his disciples and devotees, left this mortal world and merged back into Nirankar (Almighty, Formless God) the origin of all existence and the ultimate abode of all. 
I was in Kaithal, Haryana when - on September 17, 1969, I heard the news of his passing. With tears in my eyes, I immediately left school (my first job as a teacher), and along with two other saints, went straight to Nirankari Colony, Delhi. 
He was very close to my heart. Tears began to flow from my eyes when I saw his motionless body. 
Giani Joginder Singh ji was standing next to me. Seeing my tearful eyes, he said: Rajan ji! You should know better - this was just a body - Shehanshah ji has not left us. Just remember what he used to say - that Guru is not the body - it is what is in that body. The forms come and go - so we should only focus upon Almighty Nirankar.

However, I can never forget his divine and radiant face - the way he taught with a direct and to the point approach towards Almighty Nirankar. 
He has always been alive in my heart and mind - and always will be.
                                                     ' Rajan Sachdeva '

3 comments:

Everything we hear is an opinion - not a fact

We are living in the era of social media. However, everything we hear from someone - or read or watch on social media is their opinion -  - ...