Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Control


1

Finally, it stopped snowing after two days and the sun was out.
Snow covered trees and bushes looked so pretty through the window. The whole backyard was covered with beautiful shiny white sheet of fresh snow.

Five year old Bobby wanted to go out and play in the back yard.

“Mommy, Can I go in the back yard to play?”
“No” Mom said.
“why”
“It’s too cold”
“Please mommy ….. I will wear my jacket and hat and gloves. I will  bundle up.”
“I said No”
“But why”
“Because I said so”
“But why”
“I am your mother. Now, don’t argue with me”.

She continued doing her work. Little Bobby was not happy at all. He was all grouchy and grumpy. He kept sobbing and complaining. 

Mom could not concentrate on what she was doing.

So she called Bobby:

“OK. I will let you go out on one condition.”

“What’s that?”

“You have to wear your jacket and hat and gloves……………..”


 Now……………. Isn't that what Bobby had said in the first place?

~~~~  ~~~~  ~~~~  ~~~~ ~~~~  ~~~~  ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~  ~~~~ ~~~~

2

Rita: “Mom, can we have pizza for dinner tonight?”
Mom: “No”
“Why?”
“Outside food is not good for you everyday”
“But it’s been three weeks since we ordered pizza.”
“You have to eat what I cook and put on the table. Don’t argue.”

“Ooookay”

Next day……..

“Rita! Beta, I don’t feel like cooking today. Do you want to order pizza for dinner?”
“But last night you said outside food is not good for us.”
“I know, but it’s been three weeks since we had pizza.”
 “Isn’t that what I said last night too?”
“Don’t argue with me. I am your mother.”

~~~~  ~~~~  ~~~~  ~~~~ ~~~~  ~~~~  ~
~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~  ~~~~ ~~~~

So………. Is it really about the cold weather or the outside food not being good?

Or is it about “the control”?

In fact it is all about “control”.

Everyone wants to have control over others.

Parents over children
Husbands over wives and wives over husbands
Teachers over students and priests over their congregations
Leaders over followers and employers over employees
Bosses over sub-ordinates and rulers over their subjects……..  

Everyone wants to control others.

Ironically, no one wants to be controlled.

Yesterday, I heard this song in a TV serial **:

 “This is a story about control…. my control.
Control of what I say, control of what I do

And this time I'm gonna do it my way
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do

When I was 17, I did what people told me
Did what my father said, and let my mother mold me

But that was long ago


I'm in control now,
Got my own mind
I wanna make my own decisions

I don't wanna rule the world
Just wanna run my life.
I wanna be the one in control
When it has to do with my life.

I wanna be the one in control”


 See…………… It is all about “control”.


The older generation wants to have control over the youngsters.
The youngsters want to have control over their own life.

So there is always a clash.

We all know the problem and we all know the solution too.
But the problem still remains…..

Because we all know it’s easier said than done.

                                                          “Rajan Sachdeva”


Note:


** The song from the TV serial is not the complete song and may not be 100% right. This is how I understood it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

झूठों का है दबदबा - Jhoothon ka hai dabdabaa

अंधे चश्मदीद गवाह - बहरे सुनें दलील झूठों का है दबदबा - सच्चे होत ज़लील Andhay chashmdeed gavaah - Behray sunen daleel Jhoothon ka hai dabdab...